Visit Kranj and take a walk along our Museum’s path and discover Gorenjska’s noble past and its people. The path finishes in castle Khislstein, where after visiting all museum locations, enjoy a cup of coffee on our account. Welcome!
On Museum’s Path you can visit:
– Prešeren House – In Prešeren House spent the last two and half years of his life famous Slovene Poet France Prešeren. Do you wish to see how large was his original bed? Or his table where 26th of April 1848 he was reading the first complete edition of his Zdravljica/Toast, the futere Slovene national Anthem. The house is just step away….enter!
– Town Hall – The Kranj Town Hall is one of the most important cultural monuments of Renaissance architecture in Slovenia. Open to visitors are the Renaissance Hall and three permanent exhibitions: works of the academy trained sculptor Lojze Dolinar, an archaeological exhibition The Iron Thread and an ethnographic exhibition Folk art in the Gorenjska region. Do you dare to visit Ossuary?
– Ossuary – The inhabitants of Kranj buried their dead around the Parish Church of St. Cantianus up to the end of the 18th century. From the 13th century onward, the bones that came to light
while digging up new graves were kept in ossuaries. The present ossuary was arranged at the end of the past century.
– castle Khislstein – The castle with its beautiful, green garden view invites you to visit. How people used to live in the town and how at the country side? What the bourgeois salon looked like? After visiting the museum drink a cup of coffee and enjoy green oasis in Kranj.
– GPN Gallery – Cream of the crop in Slovene art from second half of 20th Century forward.
– Exhibition about Janez Puhar (1814 – 1864), the inventor of photography on glass. The exhibition is diplayed in Layer House, Tomšičeva 32.